3 months ago
09 May 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
1. Field Surveying for FTTH rollout.
- To assist the FTTH Fiber Network Designer by providing field data regarding available aerial infrastructure.
- Gather field data by visiting target areas for FTTH rollout.
- Preliminary planning of the FTTH network in target areas.
- Find alternative or multiple routes for the FTTH fibre network.
- Propose solutions to areas without sufficient aerial infrastructure.
- Obtain Enemalta permits required for use of Enemalta’s overhead infrastructure.
- Perform pre-rollout Street visits as required by FTTH Rollout Manager.
- May be required to assist the Contractor Management Team in obtaining the required permits to access private residences and affix passive hardware to third party property.
- May also be required to obtain Local Council permits (for installation of poles or other street furniture) as the need arises.
3. Technical work.
- To liaise with the Design and Field Management teams on issues arising during fibre rollout.
- To liaise with other teams as the need arises.
4. Call-out work.
Technical issues occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required. Such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to systems and equipment is effectively on a 24/7 basis.
- Work Autonomously and without supervision.
- Ability to ‘think on one’s feet’.
- Dependable and motivated.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good Communicator.
- Can do attitude.
- Preferably has previous experience working with fibre optic cables and passive hardware.
- Knowledge of splicing and splicing methods is an important asset.
- Show proficiency in reading and interpreting site plans and network layouts.
- Familiarity and proficiency in the use of common software packages like MSexcel, MSword and Google Earth/Maps.
- Valid driving licence.