3 months ago
09 May 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- Primary responsibility to design passive fibre network delivering broadband internet.
- Responsible as part of a team to plan all the passive elements required to roll-out a fibre PON network in specified areas.
- Share responsibilities for researching network solutions, evaluating technical possibilities, designing the passive elements and procedures for contractors to build the network and finally documenting.
- As-built fibre sections.
- Work closely with other Technology teams in particular with the fibre team as well as other Business and Marketing teams to make sure the network is planned properly.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party companies engaged to provide support as well as network vendors.
- Carry out the necessary root cause analysis to identify and solve operational issues.
- Help with the management of tasks assigned to a team of technicians providing support for fixed consumer and business services.
- Involvement in other tasks assigned to the Fixed team.
- Carry the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- MQF Level 6 certification in Electrical Engineering or ICT.
- Good understanding of engineering and networking concepts.
- Prior experience in fibre deployment especially PON architecture considered an asset.
- Team player.
- An analytical approach to operational issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Eager to learn new competencies through both class based and on the job training.
- Valid driving license.