7 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- Primary responsibility to design and operate equipment delivering broadband internet via fibre.
- Responsible as part of a team for fibre PON equipment installed in a number of locations in the network.
- Share responsibilities for researching network solutions, evaluating technical possibilities, building and running network services and finally documenting procedures.
- Liaise with other Technology, Business and Marketing teams within the organisation to help deliver and run new products.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party companies engaged to provide support as well as network vendors.
- Carry out the necessary root cause analysis to identify and solve operational issues.
- Help with the management of tasks assigned to a team of technicians providing support for fixed consumer and business services.
- Involvement in other tasks assigned to the Fixed team.
- Carry the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- MQF Level 6 certification in Electrical Engineering or ICT.
- Good understanding of engineering and networking concepts.
- CCNA certification or willing to obtain it.
- Experience in fibre PON architecture considered an asset.
- Team player.
- An analytical approach to operational issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Eager to learn new competencies through both class based and on the job training.
- Valid driving license.