€40,000 - €50,000
26 days ago
A group of companies operating in the construction division and various other units is currently looking for a financial controller to join its team.
This position is within the Retail Unit involves direct management of the units’ treasury needs, preparation of Management Accounts, budgets, computations and overall running of the units Finance department.
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, reporting and monitoring systems
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets and accounts
- Prepare the monthly management accounts of the company for presentation to management in line with specific deadlines
- Responsible for the unit liquidity and cashflow including the collection of funds and payments.
- To forecast the units’ cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Overseeing all processes affecting the finances of the company to ensure the proper internal controls and to make the process more efficient.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic and long-term business plans
- Analyse change and advise management on the best way forward considering ongoing developments
- Reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal control procedures and introducing new controls when appropriate
- Develop financial management tools to minimise financial risk for the company
- Oversee the selection, training and performance of staff
- Liaise with the external auditors of the company to ensure that appropriate annual monitoring is carried out
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in project related finance (IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) reporting, Management Accounting, Budgeting and Treasury Management) is required in order to fulfill this position
- Previous experience in the retail industry and stock control would be considered as an asset
- The ideal candidate must be fully ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualified or have a similar qualification