€60,000 - €70,000
about 1 month ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations in conjunction with the Outsourced Managers
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing timely annual financial statements
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Payroll, Tax, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinate the preparation of, and distribute timely monthly management accounts and reports
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting including Quarterly Reporting Templates (QRTs) and National Specific Templates (NSTs) in a timely manner for Holding, Group, PCC, Core and cell entities.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure overall control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with all reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Comply with all general IFRS and Solvency II requirements and in particular to liaise with the actuarial function to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to the calculation and monitoring of Regulatory and Solvency capital Requirements in line with regulations and approved Board Policies.
- Prepare, reconcile, submit and follow up on applicable Reinsurance Statements of Account in accordance with the requirements of each applicable treaty.
- Reporting at Board meeting and at Monthly management meeting as directed by management.
- Managing of Cash flows and liquidity on an ongoing basis.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Must possess an accounting degree
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures especially Insurance related IFRS requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the solvency II regime.
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent analytical, communication, inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication and report writing skills.
- Be compliance oriented.
- Be prepared to travel as and when necessary or as required by management
- Strong leadership qualities