8 months ago
03 Nov 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A subsidiary of a bank licensed by the MFSA to undertake internal financing operations. Is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join its team
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the CEO and form part of a small multidisciplinary team. The key responsibilities of the position will be:
- Execution of transactions by initiating payments, making journal entries and posting to the ledger accounts;
- Execute monthly dunning runs;
- Compilation of monthly management accounts and regulatory reporting;
- Identify accounting errors and resolve;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Supervise and train junior member/s of the Finance Team and
- Ensuring that all regulatory obligations are being complied with and liaise with the Compliance Officer.
Skills and experience
- Applicants need to hold a professional qualification in accountancy recognised by the NCFHE as MQF level 6 or higher;
- Well versed with statutory accounting principles/IFRS;
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word;
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with other team members;
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail and
- Experience in the preparation of regulatory returns.