€50,000 - €70,000
over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A multi-jurisdictional financial services group, is currently looking for a Financial Controller to manage the Finance team.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Preparing interim financial statements, annual reports, monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for both schemes and company accounting / finance matter
- Compilation of budgets and forecasts
- Liaising with external bodies and other regulatory authorities
- Preparation of the various related tax returns (corporation tax, withholding, VAT, payroll related returns etc)
- Adoption of the proper internal control procedures for both client accounts and internal accounts (eg reconciliations, sales invoices, procurement, payroll etc)
- Preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports to Management/Directors
- Monitoring the Company’s solvency position
- Investigate, report and explain to board of directors, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and other exceptions.
- To manage the Companies’ fixed asset register
- Take the lead in liaising with the companies’ external auditors and other advisors and ensure financial statements are signed off within the required Group reporting deadlines.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation
- Prepare corporation tax computations and manage the submission of these to the Income Tax Office as well as dealing with queries raised by them.
- To manage the companies’ cashflow and treasury function.
- Liaise with the managing director regarding the financial implications and consequences of business decisions made.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables and personal objectives.
- Attend meetings with directors and prepare and manage "bottom-up" budgets and business plans.
- Liaise with directors and ensure that internal accounting systems, processes and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business.
- Head and manage the billing process and ensure it runs efficiently by liaising with Client Relationship Managers and senior management and producing relevant reports. To ensure that invoices are sent out to clients on a timely basis and raise ad hoc invoices where necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified and in possession of a public warrant
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Fluent in Maltese and English
- Experience in managing people
- Experience in the finance industry will be considered an asset