28 days ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
An international insurance company is currently seeking to recruit a financial controller who shall be assisting in the various finance related projects that the group is embarking on.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations
- Preparing the budgets and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing of annual financial statements
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Payroll, Tax, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate the preparation of timely monthly management accounts
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Comply with all general IFRS and Solvency II requirements
- Assist in the preparation of reports for Board meetings and monthly management meetings as directed by management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting and finance role
- In possession of a university degree in Accounting or an equivalent professional qualification
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Experience with insurance related IFRS requirements would be considered an asset.
- Exposure to solvency II requirements.
- Excellent analytical, communication, inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication and report writing skills.
- Be compliance oriented.
- Have teamwork skills