26 days ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- You will be Assisting the CFO and take on the role in his/her absence
- Preparing and posting monthly journals, month end accruals and prepayments and any other general ledger journals in line with month end closing
- Assisting the team with month end procedures
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and bank accounts
- Producing and analyzing monthly payroll reporting
- Preparing statutory returns including VAT
- Assisting the CFO in other duties such as the preparation of the budget, year-end, forecasts, cash flows and monthly/weekly departmental meetings
- Assisting in the preparation of the audit file
- Maintains effective communication within the department and ensures that the CFO is kept well informed of any problems/queries that have arisen
- Ensuring that standard of procedures are in place together with any regular updates
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree or in the process of achieving a degree in business management with specialization in Accountancy or ACCA qualification
- Be computer literate and familiar with accounting management software. Knowledge of Hotel PMS systems such as Opera, Micros POS and Shireburn SFM systems will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local legislation related to finance, taxation and employment
- Be logical, accurate and able to handle multi-tasking
- Be well-organized and possess time management skills
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Have good organisational skills
- Portray a professional image commensurate with the values of the Company
- Have good command of the English language.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be accurate and detail oriented.