8 days ago
- Developing finance organisational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Ensure credibility of Finance by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Design and lead the Group Finance department structure, positions and process system in compliance to the Group Finance Plans, Policies & Procedures according to organizational objectives.
- Develop, maintain and maximise the Company’s functional accounting system (Access).
- Evaluate the Finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Be responsible for developing and updating Finance related group policies and procedures, in line with company's standards, to ensure common financial standards and processes are implemented throughout the different operations centres.
- Coordination of accurate preparation of quarterly group management accounts
- Provision of timely and relevant financial information, advice and explanations to business unit managers
- Financial appraisal of all major commercial bids, capital expenditure and investment proposals
- Liaison with external auditors for year end audit
- The selected candidate will be responsible for developing a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization and provide senior management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Group
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with international & local standards.
- Assist in the development of tender responses.
Skills and Requirements
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Proven knowledge of international accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Core Competencies such as analytical thinking, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Willing to travel