€40,000 - €50,000
about 2 months ago
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of the quarterly and annual financial reporting calendar.
- Ensuring proper communication of responsibilities and deadlines for the Company.
- Manage team members to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting.
- Be familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards and ensuring the Company is constantly up-to-date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards
- Must be able to prepare the Maltese insurance entity for the introduction of IFRS 17, liaising with the other functions to ensure a smooth transition and compliance with the requirements of the new standard.
- Prepare and submit VAT reports for the German and Maltese entities as necessary.
- Liaising with the external auditors to manage and co-ordinate the audit of the annual financial statements.
- Overseeing the allocation of tasks to resources as necessary to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function.
- Constantly reviewing business systems and processes and suggesting improvements where necessary to continuously strive for improved efficiency throughout the organisation.
- Preparing reports on matters relevant to the different functions within the Company as may be required from time to time by Management or the Board.
- The Ideal candidate must possess an Accountancy qualification
- Must possess experience in leading group consolidation and financial reporting functions at a senior level within a group of companies
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Must possess strong understanding of Solvency II
- Strong leadership skills and be able to lead a team to deliver against tight reporting deadlines