4 days ago
A leading maritime agency are currently looking for a finance assistant to join its finance department. The selected candidate shall be performing general accounting functions, as well as providing clerical and administrative support to the administration and finance department.
- Responsible for the office petty cash payments/reconciliations and maintaining proper records at all times
- Responsible for all foreign currency cash accounts and ensuring all is in order at all times, providing regular reconciliations in order to ensure tallying of monies in till
- Maintaining the creditors ledger, posting up all supplier's invoices, reconciling suppliers statement of account and preparing a creditors list on a monthly basis for approval for settlement by the Finance Manager
- Filing of suppliers’ documents
- Preparing bank deposits and liaising with the bank on general matters, responsible for effecting swift transfers to suppliers
- Responsible for the distribution of department incoming post
- Posting of all office general overheads and providing reports to the Finance Manager on the breakdown summary of such overheads
- Provides backup support when necessary to the credit control function
- Maintaining bunker vessel accounts and the processing of their disbursement on a timely basis
- Other general departmental duties and ad hoc reports as requested by the Finance manager from time to time.
- A- level standard of education/ Initial stages of ACCA
- Must be methodical, accurate and attentive to detail
- Must be numerically competent
- Able to organize and plan work to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met.
- Able to work independently with initiative.
- Must be competent in the use of office computerized systems.