6 months ago
24 Oct 00:00
Fibre Network Designer
We’re looking for forward-looking individuals who can help us design our True Fibre network to deliver next generation services for our end-users.
In this role, you will deliver network designs for contractors to turn into reality. You will also monitor our network utilization, as well as plan, design and suggest improvements to provide maximum network performance. Training in the use of CAD systems and wireline technologies will be provided.
This opportunity will suit individuals who are tech savvy with a great passion for technology. An analytical and detailed mindset is also essential for this position. If you feel that you’re ahead of the game and can anticipate solutions, this role will certainly deliver.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Approaches work with common sense and a good attitude, is adaptable to the exigencies of work and can be depended upon to see a job to its end.
- Is courteous and communicates appropriately with the public, fellow employees, supervisors and customers.
- Has good team work and coordination skills and is flexible and determined to deliver at the best possible performance.
- Leadership, negotiation and communication skills.
- Can identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and propose solutions.
- Is in possession of a valid driving license.
- Preferably should possess:
- ECDL base or equivalent skills.
- Knowledge of network cabling techniques
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Plan, design, and document GO’s Fixed Network according to standards and policies.
- Issue work orders and documents to GO’s implementation contractors.
- Support implementers on-site to clear up any issues on the spot.
- Assist clients and colleagues with deploying the most effective network.
- Monitor network utilisation and take action to upgrade resources as required.