2 months ago
29 May 00:00
A well - established international banking institution is seeking to employ an Enterprise Risk Manager to promote a culture that supports intelligent risk taking and risk-based decision making. The ideal candidate will be reporting directly to the Risk Oversight Committee of the Board.
- Enhance and develop enterprise-wide analysis, reporting and monitoring tools in managing the Bank’s ERM initiatives in line with the COSO framework.
- Work with management to identify key company risks, design effective controls and implement mitigation measures to ensure fulfillment of company objectives.
- Understand, implement, and report on risk metrics inherent to market, credit, operational, business, and liquidity risks.
- Assess the robustness and sustainability of the risk strategy and appetite and ensure that the risk appetite is appropriately translated into specific risk limits.
- Versee and coordinate all corporate risk management activities of the company, including the management of the annual enterprise wide risk mapping process within the designated risk management platform.
- Ensure that all risks are identified, assessed, measured, monitored, managed and properly reported on by the relevant units in the Bank.
- Manage credit and liquidity risk by assessing, designing, and implementing efficient and effective credit risk operations and deploying capabilities that span the entire credit lifecycle.
- Provide relevant independent information, analyses and expert judgement on risk exposures, and advice on proposals and risk decisions made by business lines or internal units, and inform the management body as to whether they are consistent with the institution’s risk appetite and strategy.
- Implementation and upkeep of the Business Continuity plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, as well as design stress testing and scenario analysis programs to ensure they are aligned with the overall risk appetite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking, Finance or Risk Management.
- 5 years of experience in risk management, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of risk management regulatory requirements and best practice (Basel III, CRD IV, CRR, EBA and MFSA regulations).
- Should possess sufficient knowledge, skills and experience in relation to risk management techniques and procedures, and markets and products in both payments and banking.
- Able to analyze and understand trends and recognize new or emerging risks and risk increases arising from changing circumstances and conditions.