over 1 year ago
28 Jan 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – IT Operations, you will be coordinating and participating in activities related to the design, administration, operations and support of the digital infrastructure, hardware, operating systems, networks, OSS, BSS and other applications to ensure service availability and performance are according to the agreed-to SLO/SLAs.
You will be acting both as a Technical Manager by gathering requirements, proposing improvements and liaising with other teams to execute proposed enhancements or solutions, as well as a leader, mentor, and coach to the team.
It would be essential for you to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a technical operational role.
- A strong technology (development or architecture) background.
- A good understanding of application development and development methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of hardware (server, network and storage), applications, security and operating systems (Windows, Linux and Unix).
- The ability to lead and mentor others.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with management at all levels and align service delivery with key corporate objectives.
- Good planning, organisation, time management, tracking and monitoring skills.
- Strong communication ability with the right attitude and commitment.
If you think you've got what it takes, this is a glimpse of what you'd be doing:
- Handling design, integration, implementation, and operations of the digital infrastructure systems
- Coordinating with other internal resources, suppliers, external clients to resolve issues and manage projects effectively and efficiently.
- Escalating issues in a timely manner to suppliers/vendors, stakeholders and Digital Management and Senior Management.
- Acting as a technical leader, gather requirements, propose improvements and liaising with IT teams to execute proposed enhancements or solutions.
- Producing reports on projects and initiatives to Senior Management and Chiefs.
- Automating repetitive tasks and processes to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Planning and managing Capex and Opex budgets.