about 1 year ago
30 Apr 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
The Deputy Head (Insurance) will report to and deputise for the Head of Authorisation and will:
- Be thoroughly familiar in the application of the Regulatory Framework in the areas of Insurance and Pensions;
- Handle meetings with potential applicants;
- Be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the areas of Insurance and Pensions;
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Office during the process;
- Cross train staff;
- Assist the Head of Authorisation in the general management of the Office.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy or Banking and Finance or in another related finance background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of banking and proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.