12 months ago
30 Apr 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
About Regulatory Development
Regulatory Development is responsible for the assessment of market developments and macro-prudential oversight. The section is called to research and monitor trends, risks and vulnerabilities across the sector and support the development of new policy measures and regulatory tools for the preservation of financial stability and the prevention of systemic risk. At present, the team operates with a staff compliment of 16 and features research, surveillance and statistics teams.
The Deputy Head (Financial Stability) will be responsible for technical issues related to market structure, behaviour and stability; and systemic, cross-sectorial and emerging risk.
- Development and delivery of high-quality quantitative and qualitative analyses on financial market developments, in line with macro-prudential supervisory requirements;
- Co-ordinate and provide technical direction and assistance to staff in the identification, monitoring, and assessment of trends, risks and vulnerabilities in the financial system;
- Oversee the collection and evaluation of economic and financial market data;
- Plan and manage work related to impact assessments, oversight programmes and research projects;
- Carry out studies, conduct and co-ordinate research and analysis in order to support and enhance the function’s work;
- Report on the research and oversight programmes and related outcomes;
- Contribute to, and oversee the quality of, deliverables on market developments and cross-sectoral risk.
- Interact with the relevant work streams related to the work of the Joint Financial Stability Board (JFSB), the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB), the European Central Bank (ECB)
- Interface with the other functions within MFSA, Government and other national institutions, and European and international agencies in matters related to financial stability and macro-prudential policy;
- Other duties as assigned by head of Regulatory Development.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Economics or a comparable recognised financial qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years prior experience in a senior level. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of related experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.