about 1 year ago
07 Apr 00:00
A Financial Services Company is looking to employ a Deputy Head (Banking)
The Deputy Head (Banking) will report to and deputise for the Head of Authorisation and will:
- Be thoroughly familiar in the application of the Regulatory Framework in the areas of credit and financial institutions;
- Handle meetings with potential applicants;
- Be expected to take over the duty of coordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of Banking, Payment Services and E Money institutions;
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Office;
- Cross train staff;
- Assist the Head of Authorisation in the general management of the Office.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid academic background in Banking, Finance, Payment services, or in a relevant field. Expertise in Information technology would also be considered an asset.
- Minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of banking.
- Proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff.