4 months ago
07 Nov 00:00
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc
Depositary Officer - Full Time/Indefinite
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed Credit Institution which provides Private Banking, Investment Services and Custody/Depository services. Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment which promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for Depositary Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of Malta based UCITS and Alternative investment Fund structures (AIFs) to ensure compliance with the requirements established by the MFSA and the funds’ constitutional and internal procedures and policies.
• Monitoring regulatory and constitutional documents based investment restrictions
• Reviewing net asset value (NAV) calculations and transferring agency activities
• Cash flow monitoring and regular asset verification checks
• Investigation, documentation and escalation of investment restriction breaches, pricing and other errors to direct line manager and other relevant service providers to the fund
• Maintaining of breach and error registers
• Providing support to senior team members for onsite visits to service providers of the fund
• Promptly dealing with ad hoc queries and projects relating to the funds under supervision
Qualifications / Requirements:
• A College/University Degree would be considered an asset
• Preferably 1-2 years experience within the depositary and custody industry
• Familiarity with fund structures, MFSA rules including UCITS Regulations and AIFMD
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues
• Hands on with can do attitude
• Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
• Proactive, focused and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong command of English, both oral and written
Extensive training on the Depositary’s duties and oversight requirements will be provided.
An attractive package is offered to the right candidate.