about 1 year ago
31 Mar 00:00
As a full-service bank and wealth manager - our client - headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda is looking for a Data Reporting Analyst within the Compliance Department.
The position reports to the Senior Compliance Analyst and will contribute to the Management Information (MI) reporting for Group Compliance. The incumbent will pull data from multiple sources supporting the data collation and reporting on time and in accordance with Group and Jurisdictional requirements.
- Interpret data, analyse results using prescribed techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with management and colleagues to prioritize information reporting needs.
- Perform quality assurance and essential audit checks to ensure accuracy of reviews
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of procedures and documentation related to Compliance processes.
- Support the development of reporting intended for Executive Management, Board and Regulators.
- Working with users, stakeholders and Information Technology, develop an understanding of the internal surveillance systems to support process and systems enhancements and change
- Work with MLRO team to interrogate data for investigation purposes identifying trends and patterns of behaviour
- Carry out any other duties as requested by management.
- Post- secondary education in Business or related discipline with preference given to those with previous experience in banking or related financial services environment
- Previous working/practical experience working with data and reporting.
- analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a team member.
- interpersonal/communication skills (both oral and written).
- organizational skills with proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced knowledge MS Excel coupled with SQL skills