13 days ago
The successful candidate shall join a growing Legal & Compliance Department, reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer.
Job duties include:
- Informing and advising the company and its employees of their compliance obligations under the GDPR, and any related guidelines
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer for the company
- Monitoring compliance with applicable data protection regulations and company policies
- Conducting data protection impact assessments when required
- Acting as the contact point internally and externally with data subjects and the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Providing expert guidance, oversight, and challenge on all aspects of data protection compliance focusing efforts on areas that present higher risks
- Lead the design, development, and renewal of data protection standards
- Overall responsibility for implementation of the risk framework, processes, and training to ensure the control environment pertaining to data protection is suitably robust and fit for purpose
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in data protection and privacy compliance
- Preparing reports for the Head of Legal and Compliance and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Collaborating with various departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of data protection and privacy and a working knowledge of the applicable laws.
- IT compliance experience is highly desirable.
- A data protection qualification.
- Experience in communicating with local regulators would be considered an asset.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma - A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Banking, Commerce, Law or any other similar qualification, from a licensed and recognised Educational institute.