3 months ago
28 May 00:00
You will be responsible for the product management of our data platforms and products, working across the organisation to establish a clear vision for the evolution of Betsson Group’s data capabilities and developing plans for delivering on that vision. As the ambassador and champion for our data products, the Data Product Manager will be expected to continuously and actively identify opportunities for enabling business growth and efficiency through data.
The Data Product Manager will own the data product roadmap, working in collaboration with stakeholders and the data engineering teams in defining the roadmap, and ensuring that all roadmap items are properly evaluated, defined, prioritised and in-line with the product vision. Furthermore, the Data Product Manager will be required to translate the business requirements for roadmap items into product specifications for the data engineering teams to deliver on.
A TASTER OF WHAT YOU WILL BE INVOLVED WITH:
- Establish and champion the vision for Betsson Group’s data products and capabilities.
- Act as an ambassador for our current and planned data capabilities, communicating with other business units and product teams to ensure awareness and utilisation of these capabilities.
- Develop and continuously update the data product roadmap in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and the data engineering teams, ensuring that the roadmap items are properly defined, evaluated and prioritised.
- Drive product discovery (including requirements elicitation, scoping, and cost benefit analysis) in collaboration with stakeholders and data engineering teams.
- Actively identify and assess opportunities for enhancing and leveraging the capabilities of data products to improve business performance.
- Communicate on product releases and the status of product roadmap items to the wider organisation.
- Establish product KPIs, ensuring mechanisms are in place to properly track and report on these KPIs and that these are properly communicated.
- Translate business requirements into detailed product specifications for the data engineering teams to deliver against in the form of user stories with detailed acceptance criteria, complemented by descriptive aids such as wireframes and flowcharts where necessary.
- Manage the backlog of work for the data engineering teams, ensuring the backlog is properly organised, prioritised and up-to-date.
- Actively and effectively participate in sprint planning and backlog refinement meetings with the data engineering teams.
- Establish plans and estimates for product delivery with the data engineering teams.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the data product roadmap with other teams and third parties as necessary.
- Continuously align with other members of the product department to both enable their roadmaps and to support the data roadmap as required.
- Represent the product domain in cross-functional project teams.
- Business acceptance testing of new features (or ensure co-ordination of).
YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- Data! You have a good knowledge of Data platforms and tools (QlikView, QlikSense, Data Cubes, Big Data, Amazon Web Services, Data Warehousing, and / or Data Streaming Platforms).
- Owning, prioritizing product backlog and taking decisions.
- Breaking down deliverables, planning releases, monitoring features performance.
- Gathering data, documenting, analysing and collecting business requirements.
- Tough conversations! You will be managing stakeholder expectations.
- Problem solving; you will be the one highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Spotting flaws, optimizing flows and complying to legal requirements.
- Working in rapidly changing environment.
- Driving teams to success, keeping yourself motivated and working with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.