over 1 year ago
31 Jan 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
An International Company is seeking to recruit a Credit Controller who will join their finance team. The candidate would be responsible of completing a monthly cycle of tasks that accelerate the collection of client receivables and minimize all aged debt.
- Review bank accounts, bank cheques and allocate cash on a daily basis.
- Investigate and resolve any unallocated cash.
- Preparing, validating and rendering reinsurance account statements to ensure they are accurate and current, for use in chasing debt.
- External communication skills, including attending meetings with Underwriters, developing client/MGA relationships.
- Maintain client feedback onto the relevant systems in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that this is kept up to date and that any unanswered feedback is followed up. Ensure that any required actions are escalated to the account handlers.
- Production of month end management reporting.
- Ensure feedback received is comprehensive and addresses all criteria thus providing dashboard users with a true and accurate position.
- Monitoring and chasing of all debt to ensure prompt settlement of premium by telephone, email and meeting.
- Processing of claims and premium information on to Websure (company software).
- Reviewing transactional records to identify data quality issues, to be resolved with the parties providing the data for long-term fixes.
- Work to all internal and external SLA’s.
- Escalate risks, highlighting any settlement/MGA Client issues to appropriate personnel.
- To interrogate, as appropriate, inwards submissions and our clients’ data in order to resolve problems and answer queries.
- To ensure that all client queries / requests are appropriately logged in accordance with current procedures and to maintain appropriate records relative to all processes undertaken.
- To provide progress and status reports to your line manager as required.
- To maintain compliance with any applicable UK or International statutory or regulatory obligation as required by the role. This includes but not limited to obligations arising from:
1. The prudent management of the business.
2. Placing due regard on the interests of customers.
3. Observing rules on Sanctions and financial crime.
4. Regulatory requirements and local licensing restrictions
Skills & Experience:
- An understanding of the working practices and processes that operate the credit control facility.
- Highly competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint.
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract and identify key issues.
- Ability to build effective relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst stakeholders.
- Experience in reinsurance account settlement.
- Information and data analysis.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- The ability to work accurately demonstrating attention to detail.
- Strong reporting capabilities.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Insurance industry experience desirable
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar processing role.