8 months ago
31 Jan 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A leading firm in manufacturing and export is seeking to employ a Cost Manager reporting to the Head of Costings.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Participate to long terms planning, supporting commercial scenarios and simulations (capex, marginality)
- Prepare the monthly month end reports and variance analysis on the actual costs
- Build the yearly budget components and related analysis vs. previous year and standards
- Production per line and per site. Promote synergies and lower the transit/lead times also for internal supplied materials.
- Set up yearly standard costs for the components area
- Proactively suggest improvement areas in terms of development initiatives, cost cutting, waste reduction.
- Create scenarios related to supplier’s alternatives, including logistics impact, stock management.
- Co-operate with external and internal stakeholders (Suppliers, Purchasing, Logistics as first priority) to ensure that solutions delivered are as per agreed specs.
- Work with other departments to gather and validate business requirements and ensure all processes are followed.
- Be the lead driver in identifying efficiency areas, investigating options such as consignment stock, payment terms optimization, stock scrapping burden sharing with suppliers (ideally to be factored in the contract / POs).
- Make – Buy analysis (insourcing, outsourcing)
- Daily cooperation with other Deptartments to ensure that identified solution is delivered within timelines. Ideally at least 30% of the time should be spent out of the office.
- Proactively bring info regarding market specific issues, keeping always a close eye on what is happening outside the company: supplier’s market news and evolution.
- Stimulate flexibility and lean flow, via achievement of features like flexible volume acquisition.
Skills and qualifications:
- Recognised Accounting qualification, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent Experience
- Ideally 7 years’ accounting experience, of which ideally at least 4 in factory costing, actual period end closing, variance calculation, standard cost budget.
- Functional experience in F&C overall with sound knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Microsoft AX).
- Strong understanding of supply chain.
- Integration of costing with manufacturing, plant maintenance, quality assurance and materials handling.
- Desired knowledge in: COGS Competencies:
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Capable to deal with diversity, including overseas suppliers
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management
- Programme and Project management
- Monitoring and Measuring