about 2 months ago
A well-established retail company is currently seeking to recruit a cost accountant who shall be taking over responsibility for stock /cost control and variance analysis as well as support with process improvements.
- Prepare and maintain a cost accounting framework
- Review, investigate and explain cost budget variances on a monthly basis
- Analysis of the monthly cost of goods and cost of labour in management accounts
- Manage an independent stock-take team involved in daily inventory counts
- Analysis of stock variances
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed to support business
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Preparation of financial presentations for senior management and board meetings.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3+ Years of Accounting Experience, preferably in Retail
- Strong attention to details, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with visualization and analytical tools (Microsoft BI)
- Work with ethics and integrity
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision