€25,000 - €40,000 Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established corporate services provider with operations in more than 80 countries is currently looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join its Corporate Secretarial and Legal team.
Job duties include:
- Central point of contact for correspondence with clients, notaries, external advisors, banks, regulatory and governmental bodies and other relevant parties
- Handle legal and corporate matters for our client companies together with the Legal Team such as incorporations, liquidations, annual meetings of shareholders, board meetings, share purchases etc. in close cooperation with the client, notaries, law firms and tax advisors
- Draft legal documents e.g. management agreements, minutes of board meetings, loan agreements, etc.
- Review and assess relevant legal documentation and advice from third parties
- Signal any legal or other issues of a client transaction in close cooperation with the Legal Team and the General Manager
- Maintain the client portfolio in good standing and compliant with Maltese laws
- Attend to meetings with clients and other parties
- In time, or depending on past experience, act as manager or director of several client companies
- Collect and be involved with Know Your Customer Information
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Qualifications required:
- University degree in Law, Maltese warranted lawyers will be given preference
- Minimum 2 + years of experience in a similar position in Malta
- Knowledge of corporate Law and regulations
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills