€50,000 - €60,000
18 days ago
A leading company providing enhanced network security is looking for a Core Solutions Senior Engineer. You will be responsible for installations, operations and maintenance focusing on Cloud Based Messaging solutions.
- Assist and Execute tasks for deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration & tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or requiring updates.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention & issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Telecoms Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P & P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) are a KEY asset.
- Cloud design, integration and operations for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands-on experience with Linux SCTP & SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in the telecommunications sector protocols such as Sigtran/MAP & SMPP are considered as an asset.
- Structured and Logical Troubleshooting skills with ample hands specifically spanning: ESXi, Linux, TCP/IP, SCTP, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostGreSql/Mysq, Cisco & Fortigate L3 Switches & Firewalls.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal, good communication and reporting skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
This position allows for remote working within the EU, UK and nearby non-EU countries in Eastern European region. Nonetheless, the company is based in Malta and local candidates or those willing to relocate are preferred.