over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Are you looking for the next big thing in your career? We are on the lookout for an exceptionally talented, bright, and driven individual who will have the unique opportunity to define and, in turn, execute the TV strategy for GO.
In this role you will be illustrate the future of TV by analysing current market needs and forthcoming trends. You will be building and maintaining excellent working relationships with content providers so if you have a network of connections, you’ve probably got this in the bag!
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Corporate Strategy and Business Planning Officer while leading a really nice bunch of people.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Experience in leading a team;
- Has initiative and acts quickly and decisively;
- Focus on delivery of targets, quality and deadline;
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability;
- Be willing to work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Graduate qualification in a commercial or communications field;
- Experience working within the TV service industry.
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Being responsible for all content acquisition, including;
- Sourcing of TV content;
- Scoping and identifying content providers for the required content/service;
- Negotiation and execution of the commercial agreements;
- Renewal and termination of agreements;
- Ensuring that content costs are within approved budgets;
- Preparing subscriber reporting for content providers;
- Managing relationships with content providers;
- Maintaining international contacts with “peers” to identify Global Market trends;
- Responsible for the scheduling and broadcasting of GO Stars, 8 Sports Channels and any other in-house produced channel/s and/or managed service;
- Responsible for the TV product strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions;
- Establishing TV product specific strategies via monitoring product trends and benchmarks so as to propose new products or product changes;
- Participating in the development of a rolling product roadmap;
- Ensuring a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the TV product project teams;
- Working closely with Product & Segment Managers to ensure the meeting of overall company product strategic objectives;
- Supervising, mentoring and coordinating staff assigned in the team.