7 months ago
05 Oct 00:00
A well established international firm providing financial planning and asset management services to its clients worldwide, its seeking to employ a Compliance & MLRO Officer for their Malta office.
The role Will be based in their sea front offices in Sliema working with both the international mid office and back office teams. The role will be to update and form internal policies in line with evolving regulatory changes and be responsible for a high level of ongoing compliance. The client base is mainly low risk in the wealth segment of affluent and lower HNW, working for large multi-national corporations in low risk countries with very few PEP’s.
Job duties include:
- The candidate will be responsible for making sure AML procedures, company policies and client disclosures are followed throughout the company will full support of management. The compliance officer will be working together with legal and compliance with our 3rd party providers which are major Swiss, US and European banks, insurance companies and pension firms
Skills and Qualifications required:
- An understanding of MiFiD II and how it relates to both a MFSA category 2 licence and MFSA insurance broker licence.
- Fluency in English
- A reasonable understanding of EU passporting
- At least 3 years experience in financial services institutions
- Relevant qualifications
- A strong understanding of MFSA rules and policies
- An ability to comprehend the ever evolving IT security regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of German or French would be considered a strong plus