about 1 month ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Leading regulatory body is seeking to employ a Compliance Officer who will be responsible for Compliance assessments of companies, ensuring that the laws and regulations are being respected.
Job duties include:
- To ensure that firms are at all times compliant with the laws and regulations as assigned by law.
- To issue regular compliance reports as instructed by the senior management.
- To offer investigative support to other areas as instructed by senior management.
- To liaise continuously with industry service providers, customers, suppliers, brokers, agents, and other key stakeholders.
- To keep abreast with developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies.
- To participate in training seminars and conferences, both locally and abroad, as needed.
- To participate in the drafting of new regulations; using compliance expertise to ensure new regulations take key learning into account.
- To carry out tasks as instructed by the Senior Executive and Compliance Manager.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- In possession of a qualification that is comparable to a Degree level (MQF Level 6) or higher in Business/Management related subjects.
- Experience in the gaming industry shall be considered an asset.
- Experience in commerce and/or accountancy and/or finance shall be considered an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to take ownership and is action oriented.