11 days ago
A well established and stable advisory firm is seeking to employ a Compliance Executive to strengthen its existing operations.
The Compliance Executive (AML/CFT) will report to the Head of Risk & Compliance (Advisory) through the Senior Manager. The selected candidate will join a team of financial crime compliance specialists engaged in the provision of advisory services to clients.
Job duties include:
- Contributing to the advisory work in financial crime compliance, including the carrying out of process audits, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, the drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, the drafting and/or review of staff manuals, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans, ongoing technical and operational assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers and the carrying out of AML/CFT risk assessments.
- Participating in off-site remediation projects.
- Carrying out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of remediation plans.
- Assisting in the management and coordination of regulatory examinations.
- Development and delivery of AML/CFT training programs.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- At least 3 years` experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification, ideally in a related field.
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.