26 days ago
A multi-jurisdictional financial services group covering a diverse range of products, and providing global solutions to an international market, is seeking to employ a Risk& Compliance Manager for its Malta offices.
The role of the Risk & Compliance Manager shall be to ensure that the Company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to the its industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices and internal standards.
Job duties include:
- To advise Management of any potential risks that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the organization.
- To provide an assessment of the risk management policies and protocols in order to come up with policies and recommendations to avoid threats, reduce or transfer risks and/or mitigate the effects of those which are essentially unavoidable.
- To ensure company's policies and rules are in line with regulatory and ethical standards, and assisting in the management and maintenance of specified compliance obligations arising out of the company’s operations.
- Act as main point of contact for local and foreign regulators (MFSA / FIAU) as required and ensuring that the company is compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements. •
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective systems and controls for compliance and risk
- Responsible for advising the board on all applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform them of any development in these areas.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation maintain a risk register.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Good judgement and decision-making skills;
- Ethical & principled and proactive
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Educated to degree level in Compliance. Risk, Finance or related subjects
- 4 years relevant experience working in a similar role within the Malta Financial Services Industry
- Be knowledgeable in relevant legislation and regulations;
- Familiarity with pensions schemes is desirable.
- Practical Experience of database management and the processing of complex information