over 1 year ago
31 Jan 00:00
One of the largest company in Mauritius, offering international services, is looking for a company secretary to join their team. He/She will provide support to Chief Legal Executive, drive the preparation of Annual Reports and support the department to achieve its stated objectives.
- Provide assistance to the legal team with respect to closure of deals and other projects
- Manage and provide secretarial services to a number of companies, including drafting resolutions and documents (relating to changes in bank mandates, issue of shares, change in directors, change of name, transfer of shares etc) for approval by relevant forums.
- Drive the preparation of the Annual Reports
- Manage the project register of the department, monitoring its progress to ensure completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Supervise the monitoring of debtors for the department, the monthly performance report, the conduct of customer satisfaction survey for both legal and secretarial services. Assist in the preparation of departmental budget and QRRs.
- Constantly scan the business environment and advise Management about developments in corporate governance, directorship and secretariat.
- Maintain and manage long term working relationships with internal & external stakeholders (employees, directors, lawyers, tax advisers, bankers, regulatory authorities,shareholders and auditors etc).
- Coach and develop team members with a view to build a performance oriented culture based on core values (presently Leadership, Agility and Dynamism).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fully qualified Company Secretary, with minimum 3 years
- Structured thinker with an ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines