about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
An independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for its commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for Global Business is looking for a Client Accountant.
Purpose of the job
- Accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s).
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex clients.
- Perform bank and any other reconciliations.
- Prepare and review VAT, TDS returns and Tax Computations for clients.
- File financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns within deadlines.
- Provide accounting support to Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare annual management accounts and financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s) from the accounting records for semi-complex client entities.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Assist the Manager by providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to: -Supporting the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager.
- Execute the Accounting processes whilst ensuring an optimal level of efficiency at all times.
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at the company to ensure information security.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on the company, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of the company, its employees and its clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- ACCA/ACA qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience.
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience with exposure to Global Businesses.
- 3 years’ experience in preparing client accounts would be desirable
- Basic knowledge of IFRS.
- Technical skills in the accounting area.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Advanced level).
- Willingness to learn NAV, Efront systems and Value Financials software.
Find more Jobs in Mauritius