about 1 month ago
VFA Service Provider company is seeking to employ a Chief Risk Officer for its offices in Malta.
The position is subject to MFSA approval.
- Oversee the development and implementation of risk policies and procedures in an organization
- Analyse various financial data to estimate the degree of risk and level of associated risk involved in establishing a business relationship with firms or individuals
- Undertake complex analytics to support key strategic initiatives for growth, innovation, or risk mitigation
- Research economic trends in the industry to predict probable success of new client or customer
- Consult with management to provide assistance in corporate planning
- Perform tracking and reporting on strategy implementations and validating post implementation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Analytics, or in a related
- Knowledge of risk modelling/analytics, credit risk portfolio management, or credit risk strategy development will be an asset
- Experience in developing segmentation models using statistical methods will be considered an asset
- Good communication skills to write detailed but concise analysis on a financial area and prepare Board-level presentations
- Competence to analyse a variety situations and develop recommendations on the best course of action
- Ability to take initiative and apply reasoning and logic to various situations and make viable decisions
- Strong analytical skills, team-work abilities and project management skills