10 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
One of Malta's leading insurance entities is seeking a CFO who will be contributing to long term strategic planning.
Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible to lead the Finance function
- Lead develop and motivate the team/s to attract, retain and develop talent, succession and ensure delivery of business objectives within a high performance culture.
- Management and implementation of the Group Finance Strategy at a country level and manage the delivery of professional, effective, responsive and joined-up finance service to the country at optimal cost. To serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy and profitability.
- Lead finance function to design, execute and monitor financial operations as well as related risks, meeting the regulatory, tax and business requirements.
- Acting as Finance Responsible Person of the legal entity to communicate and manage relationship with local regulators on finance and tax related issues.
- Monitor and manage capital risk for INMT legal entity, as well as managing the related enquiries from group stakeholders.
- Involvement in the implementation of IFRS 17, the new Insurance accounting standard which will have a significant impact across both Finance and the business
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Work effectively with varying levels of people in Finance Function, and a wide range of stakeholders across multiple business areas and functions, providing leadership and direction where required
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent with proven track record in managing financial control & reporting function
- Knowledgeable of accounting and taxation principles & process
- Deeply understand insurance business and legal & regulatory requirements in Malta
For more information, kindly contact Nikki Farrugia on email@example.com