4 months ago
12 May 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Project Management Office:
The Programme Management & Quality Assurance Office (PMQ) is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralised framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority. Programme Management is responsible to define best practice within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key towards ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Senior Business Analyst/Change Manager within the PMQ at the MFSA and will carry out the following tasks:
- Analysing, evaluating and documenting business requirements.
- Performing gap analysis of new requirements against existing operational framework.
- Administering Change Control procedures.
- Taking responsibility for the overall progress of assigned tasks upon which you will be working with strict adherence to SLA and quality standards.
- Acting as a central point of contact to project stakeholders in order to understand, gather and analyse their business requirements.
- Understanding stakeholders' requests and provide ongoing business support through the project lifecycle ensuring that any decisions made will have a measurable impact on effectiveness of the Authority.
- Creating viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction of high level test cases emanating from requirements.
- Liasing with internal stakeholders and third party vendors or consultants to ensure compliance with business requirements and agreed specifications.
- Ensure that timely estimations are provided to the Project Manager within the agreed timeframes.
- Support the Change Manager or Senior BA in the preparation for status meetings with the Project Manager.
- Support Quality Assurance in interpreting business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Support Quality Assurance in supervisory quality reviews to identify non-harmonised supervisory standards while identifying and pinpointing any other quality assurance issues.
- Provide the necessary training to MFSA staff related to quality assurance.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintain status reports for all tasks on a regular basis.
- Perform any other related activities/tasks as required from time to time.
The vacancy is for a business / quality analyst within the Change Management team of the MFSA's PMQ function. Prospective candidates need to have a good eye for detail to be able to help identify likely quality problems ahead of time and assist in story creation. The Business / Quality Analyst will be required to analyze specific project requirements, watch out for gaps in process definitions and also participate in story creation to ensure that acceptance criteria are sufficiently clear. This business / quality analyst will also be involved in supervisory quality assurance audits with the aim of satisfying recommendations by the European Supervisory Authorities.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in business and/or change management or an equivalent professional qualification. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a Quality/Business Analysis environment as well as demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to work in a team.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a related environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in business modelling, business process improvement techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organisational design, requirements definition and stakeholder relationship management.
- Must be proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Must exhibit strong documentation skills and should have a good knowledge of the MFSA in terms of its core objectives and strategic goals;
- Must be familiar with standards associated with quality assurance practices nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry;
- Must be able to facilitate remote and face to face meetings;
- Must be able to communicate with various team members in an effective manner;
- Must be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must be accurate and systemic in doing work;
- Must be good at trend analysis and metrics and would have the ability to identify any issues through root cause analysis and corrective action planning.
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry.