Attractive packages depending on experience
about 1 year ago
31 May 00:00
Castille Labs is looking for an individual to join their Business Intelligence team. The chosen candidate should want to succeed in a high-performance environment.The role holder will manage an agile team of BI Developers to develop and drive delivery of Data solutions and products.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development responsibilities:
- Work on projects that require development of Business Intelligence reports, dashboards, infographics, and related visuals;
- Select the best data visualization technique based on the characteristics of underlying data in order to illustrate certainty, patterns or other statistical concepts that will guide decision-makers;
- Work on internal BI projects such as data model improvements, and QlikView load performance enhancements;
- Focus on improving current BI reporting tools and enhance their position through all departments;
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business teams, and development teams to provide data-driven insight into the performance of the business, and what areas need improvement;
- Investigate data issues and report findings to other development teams.
- Line management duties to ensure a highly performing team through:
- Regular development meetings;
- General administration (recruitment, approvals);
- Performance Management (objective setting, measurement, feedback);
- Reinforcing company’s cultural values within the team;
- Managing an agile team of BI Developers to develop, test, code review, bug fix, deploy, implementing new features as well as maintaining and improving the existing functionality.
- We are looking for an individual who:
- Has previous experience working in Business Intelligence or Analytics and has produced tools that have been used by business stakeholders;
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience in an analytical or BI role;
- Has advanced knowledge of SQL;
- Has experience with BI tools, preferably Qlik suite;
- Has experience with data modelling for analytics and reporting;
- Is a creative thinker who understands User Interface design;
- Has experience working with different database systems, including SQL Server and Big Data technologies;
- Enjoys working in agile scrum environments;
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment, adapt easily to changing situations and demonstrates flexibility in juggling priorities;
- Has an eye for detail and a keen interest to present data in a visually appealing way.
- It would be beneficial for the individual to:
- Have an understanding of the gaming industry;
- Have experience with SharePoint administration and maintenance;
- Have experience with visualisation frameworks such as D3.js.