12 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Castille’s client is looking for a BI and Data Management Manager.
- Assuming responsibility and managing the Data Management function, ensuring that the business has efficient and effective access to data which is stored and maintained in accordance to industry standards
- Managing various data repositories including; the database environment, the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Reporting Tools and any related data development activities
- Ensuring procedures are in line with new policies, managing periodic system reviews to identify necessary improvements including the necessary training programmes
- Managing the maintenance, monitoring and control the company’s data architecture and data warehouse and ensuring adherence to the data management standards, guidelines, best practice and techniques set.
- Designing and driving the development and implementation BI solutions and promote the use of BI intelligence and BI initiatives
- Building metrics for tracking and measuring the value of Data Management initiatives and infrastructure
- Taking ownership of day to day people management and assignment of duties
- Managing capital expenditure and operational expenditure budgets related to the BI and data function
- Performing vendor management to ensure consistent performance and adequate support to the business
- First degree level of education in IT or Engineering or equivalent specialised training in technical management
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Minimum of five years experience in Data Development/ Data Warehousing / Database Administration
- Minimum of two years’ experience in team management/leadership; Working knowledge of ETL techniques (ideally MS SSIS and MS SSAS.)
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Oracle and MS SQL database environments
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing Data Warehouse environments
- Hands on experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQL; Knowledge of Data Reporting and KPIs
- Experience in budget management and resource planning
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project and of statistical languages, e.g. R, Stata, SAS, Matlab would be considered an asset