Salary package offered based on qualifications and experience
3 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Job duties include:
- Administrative work with regards to quotations relating to new applications, top-ups, policy alterations, re-instatements; incl. all administrative work related to point of sales applications.
- Assists in and monitors the registration of all documentation received with regards to quotations and point of sales applications in the appropriate Registers.
- Checks of client’s data and supporting documentation to allow initiation of underwriting process.
- Assesses the need for additional underwriting information such as but not limited to medical, residential, occupation, past time and / or financial status of the client and initiates collation of such information.
- Requests and co-ordinates with clients or intermediaries or with Life Chief Medical Officer, hospital and laboratories to obtain such additional underwriting information as may have been requested by themselves or the CMO/ Senior Underwriters and to ensure that such information is received complete and within the timeframe allowed.
- Assists in the undertaking of evaluation of the applications as per the guidelines set in the Underwriting Procedures Manual and established by re-insurer
- Assists in consultation as appropriate, takes decisions with regards to the underwriting assessment in so far that such decisions are within the parameters laid down in the relevant Underwriting Authority Limits.Assists in the articulation of an underwriting decision taken within his or her delegated risk decision making parameters in the Underwriting Summary Sheet or Underwriting Notes.
- Assists in articulating in the Underwriting Summary Sheet or Underwriting Notes a considered opinion of action to be taken by his / her supervisor in the event that the risk decision making parameters exceed those delegated to him or her.
- Generates reports, with accompanying analysis if required, as directed.
- Ensures confidentiality of all applications, quotations and customer files.
- Attends briefings, training and meetings as requested
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar position
- Degree level of education or at least industry related certification
- Good communication skills and team player spirit