26 days ago
A well established company is currently seeking to recruit an assistant tax manager who shall be assisting the Group Head of Tax.
- Updating tax filing calendar for all group and communicate with the rest of the team so that tax filing deadlines are met
- Working on monthly current and deferred tax provisions as part of the management reporting process
- Liaising with the treasury team to ensure timely settlement of tax amounts
- Overseeing the VAT Return preparation process and review the VAT workings
- Ensuring tax calculations and workpapers prepared by external tax service providers are accurate and support tax positions taken on returns
- Identifying tax information reporting and tax withholding compliance risks and assist the Group Head of Tax in advising management on this matter
- Proactively managing penalty notices to mitigate reputation threats and protect the group brand in the eyes of tax authorities
- Keeping up to date with the industry trends, track changes related to taxes and adapt tax compliance processes accordingly
- University of Malta B.Acc (Hons) / M.Accty in Accounting or ACCA qualification.
- Having an MIT Professional Certificate in Taxation or ADIT qualification is considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of both local direct tax regulations and VAT regulations
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in tax (direct and/or indirect tax). Having work experience in aviation tax is considered as an advantage
- Good familiarity with accounting software packages (MS Excel in particular)
- Ability to communicate technical tax issues clearly and interact effectively with various internal groups and external tax service providers