over 1 year ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- Assisting in the monitoring of the promotional efforts of the Regulated Entities, to ensure that the regulatory requirements in this regard are being complied with;
- Assisting in carrying out an assessment of the disclosures being made to clients/customers of regulated entities to ensure that these are fair, clear and not misleading;
- Assisting in carrying out of an assessment of whether the Regulated Persons are correctly establishing the identified target market for each of the products they manufacture and/or distribute;
- Assist in identifying any potential risks which may be posed by certain activities of Regulated Persons and which would need to be addressed from a supervisory perspective;
- Participate in and assist in any on-site inspections carried out by the Unit’s Supervisory teams;
- Assist in the drafting of any thematic questionnaires to be circulated to Regulated Persons as well as the analysis of replies received;
- Assume responsibility for the management and development of direct reports;
- carrying out ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Unit.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or in law or in another related background. A relevant Post Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.