over 1 year ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Insurance and Pensions Supervision
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Compliance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes in the area of insurance. Reporting to the Deputy Head- Compliance & Risk within Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the team in onsite and offsite supervision, in order to carry out prudential supervision of licensed insurance licence holders;
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by insurance licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences.
- Carry out on-going off-site surveillance on licence holders.
- Assist in the monitoring of the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders and eventually the regulatory obligations emanating from the Insurance and Insurance Distribution legal framework.
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of insurance licence holders.
- Involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time;
- Report on the outcome of the different assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Insurance or Law or a comparable recognised qualification in financial services.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant should also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a related area, ideally in the financial services sector. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.