3 months ago
09 May 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
This role will require you to analytically look at information related to insurance and pensions for regulatory purposes. Some of your tasks will include:
- The analysis of Solvency II reports submitted by licence holders.
- Assisting in work related to Solvency II - standard formula; internal models and work related to stress testing.
- Statistical analysis related to the insurance, reinsurance and pension market performance and regulation.
- Compiling of statistical market reports and assistance with other reports.
- Prepare information and reports for MFSA internal use.
- Prepare information for MFSA publications or external use.
- Compiling of questionnaires and other information as part of MFSA’s reporting obligations to EIOPA and other international organisations.
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of insurance and pensions licence holders.
- Assist in assessment of developing risk not covered by the Solvency 2 Standard Formula.
- Other ‘ad hoc’ assignments as assigned by the Head of Insurance and Pensions Supervision.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics or a related qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The applicant should also ideally possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.