11 months ago
11 May 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
About People and Culture
The People & Culture function within the MFSA is responsible for recruitment, retention, and remuneration & reward. It acts as a strategic business partner and catalyst within the Authority to ensure the achievement of performance results through its people. The function is responsible for facilitating change and employee alignment with the over-arching MFSA vision. The function is also responsible for compliance with the local legislation & MFSA’s Ethics Framework.
The Administrative Assistant will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following duties:
- General Office duties to support the People & Culture Department, including: filing, managing incoming and outgoing of mail, and following correspondence electronically;
- Assisting the Recruitment Team in the updates of records vis-à-vis newly recruited/appointed employees, plus following up on their probation or trial periods;
- Coordinating tasks in relation to demands for in-house and local training, including: issuing calls for nominations internally, administering registrations, liaising with nominees, following up attendance to courses, monitoring payments relating to course registrations, keeping of training records, and seeing to logistics arrangements;
- Drafting of documents and correspondence, as required to address employee requirements, including bank letters, childcare letters and others;
- Administrative duties relating to compilation of reports and statistical data;
- Handling Jobpslus and statutory reporting in line with MFSA obligations;
- Monitoring of staff members’ obligations following overseas travel;
- Assist in the migration from paper-based systems to an HRIS.
Other day-to-day training and development related duties that may arise as assigned by the Head of People & Culture or any other official who the Director delegates for such purpose.
- We are looking for candidates with a Diploma in Human Resources Management related discipline OR a comparable recognised financial qualification at NQF level 5 duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*. ECDL certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy would be an asset.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years working in an Administrative environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- good communication skills
- good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- good presentation skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to organise, prioritise and deal with a broad variety of issues
- good command of English and Maltese both spoken and written.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.