over 1 year ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with and support a multi-disciplinary team of analysts and management within the Compliance and Risk Management Team of the Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit.
The eventual appointee will be expected to carry out the various day to day duties as directed by the Deputy Head (Compliance and Risk Management Team) of the Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit or any other official delegated for this purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken include the following in accordance with the exigencies of the function:
- General administrative and clerical duties in support of the Compliance and Risk Management analytical team and senior management;
- To manage and update the checklists utilised by the Analysts within the Compliance and Risk Management Team;
- To communicate with License Holders in relation to any pending documentation that is required for regulatory purposes and to ensure that this is provided accordingly;
- Rendering, validating and uploading of data on the EIOPA Hub as directed;
- Drafting of documents and correspondence;
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Administrative duties relating to resignations and due diligence requests from Authorisations Office and supervisory functions;
- Administrative duties relating to compilation of reports and statistical data;
- Compilation of statistical data and producing statistical reports for management;
- Other day-to-day duties according to the exigencies of the Compliance and Risk Management Team as may be required.
We are looking for candidates with a financial services related discipline background and/or another recognised qualification in a relevant area. Candidates must also be able to read and write in Maltese.
The role calls for a minimum two ‘A’ Levels or a comparable academic qualification at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years working experience in a similar environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.