about 1 year ago
29 Aug 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
The role would include working closely with clients in the Insurance Industry and the PwC Insurance team in order to advise and provide assurance to our clients on:
- All areas relating to Solvency II, including the assessment of regulatory capital requirements;
- Valuation of technical provisions in line with Solvency II principles and IFRS;
- The understanding and interpretation of Insurance accounting and ratios;
- Risk management and corporate governance as they relate to our Insurance clients;
- Matters relating to the insurance licence application process;
- Adoption of IFRS 17 ('Insurance Contracts').
The skill set and experience required to be successful in this role includes:
- Demonstrable work experience in actuarial insurance related areas;
- Good understanding of a broad range of commonly used reserving techniques and the key reserving issues faced by the insurance industry;
- Have spent most of your career to date in the insurance market, also in an indirect capacity through an advisory or assurance role;
- Experience in risk and capital modelling (including model development and implementation, and model validation), and a strong understanding of reserving, underwriting and catastrophe risks, including in particular exposure to Solvency II regulation (drafting of ORSAs, SCR calculations, etc.);
- The drive to develop knowledge in all aspects of the Insurance industry;
- Wider commercial awareness, including the understanding of wider business issues;
- Having strong project and financial management skills. The ability to work in a team and deliver to budget and within timescales is an important skill;
- Be flexible, have the ability to multi-task effectively and have strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be strongly committed to both personal and corporate success;
- Be self-motivated, in particular taking responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills.