9 months ago
01 Oct 00:00
A well established global advisory firm is seeking to employ a manager who will be responsible for leading an energetic actuarial team and the role would include working closely with both audit and non-audit clients in the insurance industry and the multi-disciplinary insurance team in order to advise and provide assurance to our clients on various matters, including:
- all areas relating to Solvency II, including the assessment of regulatory capital requirements;
- valuation of technical provisions in line with Solvency II principles and IFRS;
- risk management and corporate governance as they relate to our insurance clients;
- matters relating to the insurance licence application process;
- adoption of IFRS 17 ('Insurance Contracts').
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Demonstrable work experience (5+ years) in actuarial insurance related areas – Experience in risk and capital modelling (including model development and implementation, and model validation), and a strong understanding of reserving, underwriting and catastrophe risks, including in particular exposure to Solvency II regulation (drafting of ORSAs, SCR calculations, etc.);
- Good understanding of a broad range of commonly used reserving techniques and the key reserving issues faced by the insurance industry
- Having strong project and financial management skills. The ability to manage, and work in a team and deliver to budget and within timescales is an important skill;
- Being flexible, have the ability to multi-task effectively and have strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills;
- Strongly committed to both personal and corporate success – Be self-motivated, in particular taking responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills;
- Knowledge in IFRS 17 will be considered to be an asset;
- Qualification by the IFoA (or equivalent).