8 months ago
25 Oct 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established international insurance company is seeking to employ an Actuarial Analyst to join its growing Actuarial Team.
The Actuarial Analyst shall support the actuarial team in all data capture, entry and transformation processes and the technical follow up of the Company’s insurance portfolios. The position shall form part of a multidisciplinary team of risk professionals, reporting to the Senior Actuarial Analyst. The Actuarial Analyst shall serve as a back up for the Senior Actuarial Analyst for all critical internal actuarial processes and shall have an in depth knowledge of the Company’s primary business lines and technical product characteristics. The Actuarial Analyst shall be the internal point of reference for the definition, maintenance and updating of actuarial data working cross functionally to steer data quality initiatives throughout the Company.
- Compiling data required for actuarial analysis and assessing the quality of such data
- Performance of periodic and ad hoc technical analyses and independent reviews across all product lines
- Interpreting data and relevant trends, analysing results using statistical techniques and defining/compiling reports for Management to facilitate decision making processes and insurance portfolio monitoring
- Assisting in the application of reserving techniques and running reserving models to compute best estimate and ultimate loss ratios as key inputs in the financial technical provisioning processes
- Developing and maintaining technical databases and reserving models (including data mapping tables), incorporating new products within the system and developing standard and ad hoc queries through industry standard programming languages
- Optimising dataflows within the department, developing dashboards, driving automation and assisting in the development of KRIs for the Company
- Defining and reviewing the quality of data required for actuarial analyses and building data governance processes together with other functions to secure and improve the quality of insurance data
- Responsible for end user sign off of reports developed for the Actuarial Function
- Computation and monitoring the Solvency Capital Requirements of the Companies
- Compilation of technical regulatory reporting components in the QRTs, SFCR and RSR and ORSA
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or Financial Risk Management
- At least partial completion of certification in actuarial science and previous experience in the insurance industry
- Familiarity with statistical analysis programs, and programming languages such as (R software, VBA and SQL) and advanced knowledge in Excel and Database Access
- Familiarity with statistical modelling techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, goal orientated and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with the Solvency II regime