€35,000 - €40,000
14 days ago
Reporting to the Partner you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and Supervising the work prepared by the team and ensure that ensure established policies and procedures are being followed.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Planning, prioritising, and resourcing for the successful completion of daily tasks and projects.
- Ensuring clients receive prompt feedback to their requests and queries by providing excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines.
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assisting in the professional development and educational plans for members of staff.
- Provide to the junior stuff an on the job learning experience by sharing meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Partner by identifying inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
- Handling accountancy, payroll and VAT services for an assigned portfolio of clients.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- The ideal candidate must possess an Accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Must be capable of managing a team and capable to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Maltese
- Experience working with payroll software and QuickBooks will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in either taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.